15 lb La Boucherie Dirty Rice Turducken
What is a Tur-duck-en? Never has a culinary item caused such a commotion! Imagine taking a de-boned Turkey, Duck & Chicken and combining them to make one entrée! This delicious delicacy is health conscious as the fat & skin from the chicken & duck are removed. The three meats are separated by layers of homemade stuffing & seasoned with La Boucherie's special blend of spices.
- Product Wt. 15- 16 lbs. Serves approx 15-20.
- Ingredients: turkey, water, rice, duck meat, chicken meat, pork, turkey and/or chicken gizzards, roux, corn oil, beer, yellow onion, celery, green bell pepper, green onion, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper.
- Allergens: Wheat
- Thawing Instructions: Remove from box, place in a pan & thaw in the refrigerator approximately 3 1/2 days prior to cooking.
- Quick Thaw Method: Leave wrapper on bird and place in cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Remove plastic bag and place completely thawed bird, breast side up or string side down, in a greased roasting pan, making sure the bird does not touch the sides. The legs and wings cook faster so place foil over these areas, and then loosely cover the entire bird with a tent of aluminum foil. The foil should not be tucked in, just tented over entire bird.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until the skin is golden brown in color, basting with butter occasionally. Remove from oven and discard the foil. Allow the tur-duc-ken to firm up before transferring and carving by letting it rest approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. The inside will remain hot.
- Transfer to a serving platter, supporting the back of the bird. The string is all that holds the tur-duc-ken together so be careful with the transfer. After transferring, remove string and wings to facilitate carving. Cut in half vertically from the neck to the leg area and carve horizontally the individual slices. Sometimes the leg area will split but this will not affect the taste. If this should happen, place parsley around this area to make a nicer presentation. Enjoy!
We ordered the 15-lb. turducken for our annual Christmas dinner. Loved it!
It was great, 2nd year in a row.
We will never have a boring turkey again. Turducken is a new tradition for our family. Everyone enjoyed it and it did not last long enough for leftovers..