15 lb La Boucherie Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Turducken
What is a Tur-duck-en? Never has a culinary item caused such a commotion! Imagine taking a de-boned Turkey, Duck & Chicken and combining them to make one entrée! This delicious delicacy is health conscious as the fat & skin from the chicken & duck are removed. The three meats are separated by layers of homemade stuffing & seasoned with La Boucheries’ special blend of spices.
- Product Wt. 15- 16 lbs. Serves approx 15-20.
- Ingredients: turkey, water, rice, shrimp, duck meat, chicken, pork sausage, garlic, worchestershire sauce, butter, salt, non fat dry milk solids, soy lecithin, sodium benzoate, artificial flavor, vitamin a palmitate added, beta carotene, onion, celery, green bell pepper, all purpose enriched flour bleached, green onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika.
- ALLERGENS: SHELLFISH, MILK, SOY, WHEAT, ANCHOVIES
- Thawing Instructions: Remove from box, place in a pan & thaw in the refrigerator approximately 3 1/2 days prior to cooking. Quick Thaw Method: Leave wrapper on bird and place in cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Remove plastic bag and place completely thawed bird, breast side up or string side down, in a greased roasting pan, making sure the bird does not touch the sides. The legs and wings cook faster so place foil over these areas, and then loosely cover the entire bird with a tent of aluminum foil. The foil should not be tucked in, just tented over entire bird.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until the skin is golden brown in color, basting with butter occasionally. Remove from oven and discard the foil. Allow the tur-duc-ken to firm up before transferring and carving by letting it rest approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. The inside will remain hot.
- Transfer to a serving platter, supporting the back of the bird. The string is all that holds the tur-duc-ken together so be careful with the transfer. After transferring, remove string and wings to facilitate carving. Cut in half vertically from the neck to the leg area and carve horizontally the individual slices. Sometimes the leg area will split but this will not affect the taste. If this should happen, place parsley around this area to make a nicer presentation. Enjoy!
Thanks for the speedy delivery!
A wonderful extremely delicious experience. Looking forward to next purchase. Prompt and timely delivery as stated
Turducken cooked up nice. Duck meat seemed a little tough but flavored good. I guess my only issue was with the lack of shrimp and sausage. I never did find any sausage pieces and found very few shrimp. Good flavor though. Turkey and chicken was good
I've been purchasing Turduckens for over 10 years from LA Crawfish and this is the best of the best! you won't regret getting one!
Tender, juicy meat, and the best, the most delicious stuffing ever! Excellent Thanksgiving meal! We recommend this turducken to anyone who wants to put together an easy and delicious Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. The ground transportation was fast and propmt too. Great service.