15 lb La Boucherie Crawfish Jambalaya Turducken
What is a Tur-duck-en? Never has a culinary item caused such a commotion! Imagine taking a de-boned Turkey, Duck & Chicken and combining them to make one entrée! This delicious delicacy is health conscious as the fat & skin from the chicken & duck are removed. The three meats are separated by layers of homemade stuffing & seasoned with La Boucherie's special blend of spices.
- Product Wt. 15- 16 lbs. Serves approx 15-20.
- Ingredients: turkey, water, rice, crawfish tail meat and fat, duck breast meat, chicken meat, butter, salt, non fat dry milk solids, soy lecithin, sodium benzoate, yellow onion, celery, green bell pepper, all purpose enriched flour bleached, green onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika.
- ALLERGENS: SHELLFISH, MILK, SOYBEAN, WHEAT
- Thawing Instructions: Remove from box, place in a pan & thaw in the refrigerator approximately 3 1/2 days prior to cooking. Quick Thaw Method: Leave wrapper on bird and place in cold water for 6-8 hours.
- Remove plastic bag and place completely thawed bird, breast side up or string side down, in a greased roasting pan, making sure the bird does not touch the sides. The legs and wings cook faster so place foil over these areas, and then loosely cover the entire bird with a tent of aluminum foil. The foil should not be tucked in, just tented over entire bird.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until the skin is golden brown in color, basting with butter occasionally. Remove from oven and discard the foil. Allow the tur-duc-ken to firm up before transferring and carving by letting it rest approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. The inside will remain hot.
- Transfer to a serving platter, supporting the back of the bird. The string is all that holds the tur-duc-ken together so be careful with the transfer. After transferring, remove string and wings to facilitate carving. Cut in half vertically from the neck to the leg area and carve horizontally the individual slices. Sometimes the leg area will split but this will not affect the taste. If this should happen, place parsley around this area to make a nicer presentation. Enjoy!
I’ve cooked about 7-8 turducken over the years and this was simply the best. You’ll never go back to eating turkey again. Guaranteed!
This year I decided to smoke the turducken! I was blown away with how well it did and the flavors! This was the 5th year we have ordered one and have never been disappointed! They are so simple to cook and so easy to carve. This was the biggest hit this year and everyone loved it! Absolutely ordering again!
The jambalaya could have had more crawfish. If it wasn’t for that, it would have been 5 stars for sure. The taste was really great!!!
OMG ton of food. Very moist and will order one again in the near future.
This Turducken was delicious! Each meat was moist and flavorful. I've been accustom to regular turkeys and box stuffing so this was a nice way to switch it up this year. The box included specific directions for fail proof cooking. The bottle of hot sauce and creole spices randomly included was a nice touch too! Great work guys, keep it up!