Natchitoches SPICY Meat Pies Bulk (48)
Introducing Natchitoches' very own meat pies! Natchitoches, in Central Louisiana, is the oldest settlement in the Louisiana Purchase and the origin of these pies predates the Civil War. This traditional recipe is filled with ground beef, ground pork, onion, special seasonings with Cayenne for that extra kick and then sealed in a crescent shaped crust. Either bake or deep fry! 48 per box. 3.75 oz per pie.
*KEEP FROZEN UNTIL READY TO COOK!
- DOUGH: All-purpose enriched flour bleached ( wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, pie shortening ( palm oil and soybean oil, with mono and diglycerides added), eggs ( whole eggs, citric acid, 0.15% water added as a carrier for citric acid, citric acid added to preserve color), salt, sweet dairy whey ( milk)
- FILLING: Beef, pork, water, yellow onions, all-purpose enriched flour bleached ( wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), green onions, salt, garlic, crushed red pepper, ground red pepper and parsley.
- CONTAINS: Egg, Milk, Soy and Wheat.
- Cooking Instructions:
- BAKING: PRe-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and for best results add a thin layer of butter to pies. Bake for about 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- FRYING: Heat oil to 350-375 degrees. Place pies into hot oil for about 8 minutes (5 minutes for Mini pies).
Excellent!!! HUGE hit!
Arrived as promised and were packed in ice and still frozen. Excellent experience and as usual the pies are excellent !