Cajun Original Foods Pork Boudin
1 lb of top quality ground pork shoulder cooked into a savory broth with onions, onion tops, parlsey, and a special blend of Cajun seasonings. Then mixed with steamed long grain rice and finally stuffed into a natural pork sausage casing.
- INGREDIENTS: Cooked Rice (rice, water, salt), Pork, Water, Salt, Dried Onion, Brown Kwik (water, caramel, white vinegar, citric acid, garlic powder, flavorings, salt, onion powder, molasses, mustard, cumin, cinnamon, celery seed, spices, and no more than 0.1% sodium benzoate), flavoring, Dried Parsley, Dried Green Onion, and Spices. CONTAINS: WHEAT & SOY
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS (FOR ALL METHODS BELOW, OBTAIN AT LEAST 160 DEGREES BEFORE EATING!)
- POACH IN HOT WATER: In a stockpot, lightly season water with any cajun seasoning blend, and bring to a boil. Place boudin links in water, and bring up the water again to nearly boiling. Casings tend to burst if you boil them on a full boil . Continue to cook, uncovered for another 10 to 15 minutes. Place the links onto a platter, and let them cool a little before eating or slicing the links in bite-sized pieces.
- MICROWAVE : Heat on high for 2 minutes, turn over, heat for another minute. Let cool a little before eating or slicing.
- BAKE: Preheat oven to 300 degrees, place links on an oiled cookie sheet for 20 minutes, turning over every 5 minutes, for a crispy skin.
- STEAM COOKING: Place links in a rice cooker with a little water to cover the bottom. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes on Cook cycle, then change settings to Warm. Ready to eat in 10 to 15 minutes. Let the links cool a little while on a plate before eating or slicing.
My husband was from Louisiana and introduced me to boudin in 1988. Being from NJ I had never heard of it but once I tasted it I was hooked!! At least twice a year I order several pounds from Louisiana Crawfish Company along with several pounds of crawfish….best ever!!
2nd time I've had boudin. this is delicious!
will be ordering again soon
It seems every season the boudin just keeps getting better!!