The Best Stop Smoked Boudin
The Best Stop homemade boudin is made with pork, a little pork liver, onions, bell peppers, and cajun seasoning. Its cooked, ground then mixed with rice, green onions, and more cajun seasoning. Finally, the boudin mix is stuffed into a casing. Our award winning Boudin is put into a smoke house to give it a savory smoke flavor. Boudin can be cooked in an oven, on a grill, barbeque pit or boiled in water.
2 links/12 oz
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- In a boiling pot, fill with water until half full, and add a splash of Kitchen Bouquet.
- Add desired amount of boudin to the pot. Make sure water is covering boudin.
- Cover the pot and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Once the water starts to boil, the boudin should be ready.
- To check the boudin, pinch the boudin in the middle. If it stays indented, it is NOT ready. If the casing pops back out, it is ready.
- The middle of the boudin should heat to 165 degrees.
Ingredients: Pork, Water, Rice, Pork Livers, Onions, Green Bell Peppers, Browning Sauce (Water, Caramel Color, Vinegar, Citric Acid, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Onion Powder, Spice), Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spices, Dehydrated Green Onions. Contains: MSG.
sausage was flavorful with a hint of spice and tender. you could eat it by itself or pair it with eggs, pasta or a sandwich